The elders and dignitaries of Raqqa tribes and its countryside confirmed in a statement which read at Al- Naim roundabout in Raqqa city that the political solution is the only solution to the Syrian crisis. The elders also called on the international community to pressure Turkey and its mercenaries out of Afrin.
This is the text of the statement, which read by the sheikh of Shibl tribe Ammar al-Hami:
“We are the sons of the Raqqa province and after the liberation of our city from the abomination of terrorism Daesh and the liberation of Deir ez-Zour province to the Iraqi-Syrian border and to provide the blood of our sons the price of this liberation and start stability in the province and the return of the people and displaced to their homes and their daily activities, we do not want any subversive to tamper with the security of Raqqa city and its countryside and all the north of Syria and bid on the blood of shahid.Therefore, we decided the following:
- It is absolutely forbidden to sabotage and tamper with the security of the province and its countryside and all the territory of the North of Syria to any terrorist group with different names.
- The elders of the tribes recognized the exclusion of any subversive terrorist entity tampering with the security of the province and creating strife between the people of the province and the components of the Syrian north and promoting false news
- The sheikhs and tribal leaders confirmed that the political solution is the only solution to the Syrian crisis
- The elders and dignitaries of the tribes and all the components of the Syrian North to stand together with SDF forces to preserve the gains of the Syrian people in the Syrian North.
- The elders and dignitaries of the tribes in Raqqa called on the UN Security Council and the United Nations to withdraw the Turkish aggression and its mercenaries from Syrian territory.