To our people and public opinion,
Yesterday, the Turkish occupation launched a broad-scale assault on northern and eastern Syria, using the recent attack in Ankara as a pretext. They claimed the attack originated from our areas, despite a lack of evidence to support their accusations. This cowardly and treacherous Turkish assault targeted civic services, economic hubs, energy facilities (oil and electricity), water resources, military installations, civilian structures, and inhabited villages. The Turkish occupation state is trying to divert attention from its internal social, economic, and political crises. They aim to export these issues abroad by aggressing neighboring countries. Additionally, they persistently attempt to legitimize their occupation of northern and eastern Syrian territories.
The Turkish occupation state launched a fierce attack in the evening and night, utilizing over 30 UAVs. They targeted densely populated areas, civic service facilities, and civilian structures using both warplanes and heavy weaponry. This onslaught affected the following areas and their surroundings: “Southern Afrin countryside, Shahba areas, Manbij, Kobani, Ain Issa, Tal Tamir, Zarkan, Al-Hasakah, Qamishlo, Amuda, Terbe Sipi, Jal Agha, Derik.” This resulted in a tragic loss of both civilian and military lives, with dozens more suffering injuries. Additionally, it inflicted extensive damage on crucial infrastructures.
These treacherous attacks by the Turkish occupation state targeted the entirety of Syrian territory and all the various ethnic groups residing in the region, including Kurds, Arabs, and Assyrians. Simultaneously, the Turkish state is reinvigorating the terrorist organization “ISIS” and providing it with the resources to carry out further acts of terrorism. This poses a significant threat not only to the region but also to the global community.
We want to emphasize that our forces, the Syrian Democratic Forces, are diligently carrying out their responsibilities. We are dedicated to defending our people, protecting our land, and ensuring the security and stability of the region. We salute all the people in the region who stood against the brutal attacks of the Turkish occupation state. This demonstrates their steadfast dedication to their homeland, even in the face of relentless assaults.
It is crucial to reiterate that we will respond vigorously to any attack that threatens the security and stability of our areas. The operations conducted by our forces yesterday are a direct retaliation to the Turkish occupation’s assaults on our regions.
The international coalition forces targeted a Turkish occupation UAV yesterday as it approached one of their bases. However, it is imperative for them and Russia to adopt the same stance when it comes to countering the Turkish occupation’s attacks on civilians, service institutions, and public facilities.
The Following are the outcomes of the Turkish attacks on the regions of north and eastern Syria:
The toll of martyrs: 15 martyrs including 8 civilians, six members of the internal security forces who were safeguarding the targeted civic facilities, one SDF fighter, and several wounded.
Tal Tamir and its countryside:
- At 11:30 AM, a Turkish occupation UAV targeted the village of Al-Tawila, resulting in material damage. Simultaneously, another Turkish UAV targeted the village of Al-Rugouba, causing material damage.
- At 4:40 PM, a Turkish occupation UAV targeted the village of Al-Dardara, resulting in material damage.
Amuda and its countryside:
- At 11:00 AM, the village of Tal Habash was subjected to a Turkish UAV strike, resulted in the martyrdom of six members of the internal security force, and two others were wounded.
- At 3:30 PM, The Turkish UAVs targeted the power station.
- At 4:00 PM, the villages of Bubi, Dabat Abdullah, and Mushairfa were shelled with mortar.
Qamishlo city and its countryside:
- At 2:30 PM, the power station was also targeted by a Turkish UAV.
- At 3:30 PM, a Turkish UAV targeted an industrial warehouse, causing material losses.
- At 9:00 PM, a construction factory was bombed by a Turkish UAV.
- At 10:00 PM, an Ice factory was also bombed by Turkish UAV.
- The Turkish UAVs targeted the following: At 12:30 PM targeted the village of Tal Khatun, at 1:33 PM targeted the town of Trebesibi, and at 4:30 PM targeted the village of Mezgaft, and oil wells were also targeted, resulting in material losses.
- At 4:25 PM, an economic company in the town of Trebesibe was targeted Turkish UAV, causing material losses.
- During the night, warplanes bombed four oil infrastructures in the town of Tripe Sibi. These explosions led to the martyrdom of one civilian, the injury of one child, and five other civilians were injured.
Derik and its countryside:
- At 10:30 AM, a Turkish UAV targeted the vicinity of Chel Aga Dam.
- At 1:00 PM, a Turkish UAV targeted the oil pump in the village of Al-Qaws, resulting in material damage.
Later in the evening, the villages of Khana Seri and Sikerka, along with the power station in the town of Chel Aga, were bombed seven times by warplanes. Additionally, the COVID-19 hospital in the village of Gire Vira was also targeted, resulting in two workers being injured.
al-Hasakh city and its countryside:
- At 8:00 AM, near Mujsheirfa neighborhood, a sand quarry was targeted by a Turkish UAV. This tragic incident resulted in the martyrdom of one worker, and three others was injured.
- At 9:30 AM, a vehicle was targeted by a Turkish UAV, resulting in two of our SDF fighters being injured.
- At 11:00 AM, a Turkish UAV bombed the Washokani camp that hosted the forcibly displaced people of Ras al-Ain/Seri Kane, resulting in the martyrdom of one civilian and two others injured.
In the Euphrates region;
- At 10:45, a Turkish UAV targeted a motorcycle in the al-Chalabia town of Ain Issa. Two civilians were martyred and two others were injured.
- At 10:45 in the town of Sarrin, one civilian was martyred and two others were injured due to a Turkish UAV strike.
- A Turkish UAV targeted two civilians martyred while they were working in the vegetable fields near Sarrin town.
The Turkish occupation shelled with heavy artilleries the villages of Karhuk, Qawkly, Qart Wiran, Muhsinly, Sayada, Aoun Dadat, Jat, Sheik Yahya, Qaraquzaq, resulting in the martyrdom of one fighter of the Manbij Military Council.
Southern Countryside of Afrin and Shahba:
- The Turkish occupation conducted a UAV strike on a position held by Damascus government forces in the village of Mayassa in the “Shirawa” district. This resulted in injuries to two soldiers of the Damascus government forces.
- The Turkish occupation shelled with heavy weaponry the village of Ziwana in the Shahba areas.
- The Turkish occupation targeted the vicinity of the Tal Rifa’at district with heavy weapons.
- The Turkish occupation shelled with heavy weaponry the village of Maranaz in the Sharra/Sharan district and the area between the villages of Tal Jamal and Al-Ziara in the Shirawa district.
- The Turkish occupation shelled with heavy weapons the following villages: Mayassa, Gondi Mazn/Zouk Al-Kabir, Kaluta, Horsh Soganke, and Binh/Ebin in the Shirawa district, as well as the villages of Maranaz, Al-Shawargha, and Kashtaar” in the Shara/Sharan district, Afrin southern countryside.
SDF General Command
October 6, 2023